Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Blessings of the Lord always come when he promises they will

Dear Patients,
Today I am full of gratitude for my Heavenly Father.  I want to tell an experience that I have had here at BYU-Idaho.  First, I would like to explain the background of this experience.  I have been promised through blessings that i would be able to serve in the church especially in the field of missionary work.  When i came home early from my mission for medical reasons i felt like i had been robbed of my blessing.  I felt as though i had not done everything i could to be able to receive the blessing that i had been promised.  The last night of my mission my District Leader gave me a blessing saying that i had a greater work to do but this still did not make me feel like my blessing would come.  My second sunday of this winter semester i was talking with the Bishop and he asked me if I wanted a calling in the ward.  I told him that i would love to have a calling, and then he proceeded to tell me that the Lord wanted me to be the Ward Mission Leader.  I was stunned.  I thought , "Bishop you know i did not serve but six weeks on mission" but this was the calling i was going to receive.  He then continued to tell me that i would teach the missionary prep classes each week and that in our ward boundries we had one of the six nonmembers that attend BYU-Idaho.  At that moment i knew that i had been blessed.  I felt the spirit so strong.  I taught my first missionary prep class last week.  As i spoke i was guided by the spirit.  I have about 15 pre missionaries in my class and am excited to teach them.  I am thankful for how the Lord works.  I am grateful for my Savior and for the things he has done for me.  I pray that I will be able to follow the guidance of the spirit and teach these prospective Elders what they need to know.  
My dear Patients please pray that i will have the ability to preform this task.  Please pray for the nonmember in my ward, that i will be able to teach him the truths of this gospel.  I am glad that i have an opportunity to serve in the BYU-Idaho 28th ward.  This is my mission, i know it is.  I am proud to be in the Lord's work and am excited to see the premissionaries grow throughout this semester.
My proscription today is always know that the promised blessings of the Lord will come if we remain faithful and righteous.  I know this true.  I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints is the Lord's church

2 comments:

Libbi said...

you are awesome, Andrew!!

LaNelle said...

oh Andrew I love you and your blog and your post! That is just awesome...we in the Sheridan Family have truly learned over the past few years that the Lord will allow us to be instruments in His hand where and when it is best for us and for His work. I'm so glad that you have such a strong testimony. I love you little bro!