Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Dr. Drew Needs Advice

Dear Fellow Patients,
Today I write you with gratitude in my heart.  I am very thankful for my many patients who are loyal to my blog.  I feel a very close relationship with my patients, and therefore I have decided to come to yall for a question I have.
Before I ask this question I will tell the background to this question.  One day as I was sitting upon my throne I noticed some strange markings on my thigh.  I turned and looked at my other thigh and was surprised to found identical markings.  As I thought to myself, I pondered the reason for these strange markings.  Then all of a sudden I was taken back to a time where my mother was pregnant with the twins and the only show that she watched was a Baby Story.  I could remember the frightened faces of the women on that show, and how they were afraid to get stretch marks.  The room around me started to spin, I noticed these marks on my legs to be the dreaded marks of stretch.  I thought to myself, "How could this be."  I then said, "Well Dr. Drew you have gained forty pounds since high school, and have grown a couple of inches."  After the room stopped spinning, I finished my prior business upon the throne, and started to wonder.
Even though I am a Dr. of Advice, I am not trained in the area of Stretch Marks.  And since many or actuall all of my patients are women, I decided to ask yall for advice.
So Ladies I am in need of your help.  The question I have for yall is: How can I get rid of these Stretch Marks.  I would appreciate it if you could respond, and help me with this problem.
Well the Doctor is Out and hopefully the Advice will come in.
Dr. Drew

8 comments:

Leigh This Way said...

Sorry Dr. Drew but there isn't any method that I know of to get rid of the stretch marks besides laser treatments. There are all sorts of creams out there but they don't really do anything. I've heard of people using cocoa butter to PREVENT them but nothing about it working after you get them. Sorry! Oh by the way, lots of men get them so its no big deal.

Jessica said...

So, Dr. Drew, the only advice that I have and treatment that I like to use is the tanning bed. When I have tanning bed therapy it helps to lessen the noticeability of them. I know that you are not female but I love this kind of therapy!! I hope for once I can help you Dr. Drew.

Anonymous said...

haha, my advice is EXACTLY the same as Jessica's!!! That's what I do - just make my body as dark as them and then you can't see them.
Believe me, lots of guys tan - so you wouldn't be the only guy there (like at HSM3)

Mikelene said...

So, you are assuming that all of your female readers/patients have stretch marks?!?
Are you planning to wear a Speedo or something? Who's gonna see stretch marks on your thighs? You're a guy, & you can wear long swim shorts!
That aside: I've heard Stri Vectin (something like that) works--it's a cream. Except it's expensive.
I don't condone the tanning bed solution, as this may lead to worse problems later in life. i.e brown spots, wrinkles, skin cancer. (no offense to MB or Jessica) I wish I'd never done the whole tanning bed thing! But that's another story, & I'm taking up valuable space for your other patients to comment.

Libbi said...

I think the Dr needs to "check his prejudices"...women do not always get stretch marks with pregnancy...and Mikelene is right...no one will ever see them except your wife and by then, oh well, she is stuck! (remember someone we know warning her husband-to-be that "things aren't always what they seem"????) You'll survive!

Evaleah said...

Dr. Drew? Where are you? Are you ok? I really hope so! Have a wonderful day!

Kristen Edwards said...

Stretch marks go away. Over time they fade and will become skin color. When your body is not getting the moisture that it needs it will then cause you to get them. There are creams at Bath and Booy Works, at a Pharmacy that aren't that expensive that do work, you just have to put it on every day and every night. I had a stretch mark once, got the cream and put it on every day and night and now you can't even tell that it was ever there. Trust me it does work you just have to be patient with it because its not going to go away in a week. Give it time.

Christi said...

I have no advice any different from what you've already gotten so I'm just going to brag that I had a baby and have no stretch marks! Yay me! ;o)