Sunday, October 12, 2008

My First Sin

The Baptism of the Twins yesterday made me think of my Baptism.  As I was pondering about my wonderful day of covenant making I remembered my very first sin.  As custom at Baptisms, food is served afterwords, because usually they are long and take 20 hours.  Anyways my Grandmother decided to make my favorite food ever. These items are so amazing.  My ham biscuits.  Well I was excited to eat after my baptism.  As I happily strolled down the hallway, trying not to run which is hard for me, I was imagining the taste of my biscuits.  As I got to the Kitchen there were no biscuits left.  I was quite unraveled at this.  This is where i committed my first sin.  I coveted those children who ate my biscuits.  I continued to say that those fatsos ate my biscuits at my baptism.  I have held this grudge for ever.  Every time i see ham and biscuits i get angry.  So the prescription that i am giving today is: Dont get Vivian Ard to make ham biscuits at your baptism. 

6 comments:

Leigh This Way said...

Hahaha!! Andrew you're crazy!!

Jean said...

Well, Andrew...we all covet something that Grandma makes..for me it is her fudge..hahahaha! I like your blog!

Daily Dose of Drew said...

Well thank you aunt jean... i like you

Anonymous said...

you crack me up (I have a feeling I'm going to be saying this alot)
I'm craving ham biscuits now.

Grandma Ard said...

I sure do hate to be a part of
your first sin!
so next time we are together I will make you a whole pan by yourself!

Daily Dose of Drew said...

Well Granny you were apart of my first sin, but just so you know you have been apart of some of the best experiences in my life. I am grateful to have a granny that is so wonderful as you are. I also am grateful that i can look to you for strength as i go through my back problems. whenever my back hurts i tell myself, "Andrew you can do this, Granny has dealt with it forever so i can too." thank you granny for always being there.. And you know that i will hold you to that promise of ham biscuits... My tummy is already calling for them.